Funny, Little-Known, or Unusual Facts
I got this blog idea from this website: https://startbloggingonline.com. It's kind of frustrating having to find blog post ideas online, because I'd prefer to come up with my own, but I'm not as strong a writer as I'd like to be. My previous blog containing my fictional short story about a slave hasn't gotten much further. That's mostly because of the subject matter. I hope I would be able to write well about a non-emotional or more emotion-neutral subject if I can use or make up that term. There's a few personal confessions.
Okay, let's get to the fun facts:
Oh, these facts are from the website: https://able2know.org/, from which also I got my post title.
* A snail can sleep for three years.
* In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined.
* Pearls melt in vinegar.
* You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
* Most lipstick contains fish scales.
* Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants. (that's a fact I'd prefer to not know )
* Close to 80% of people who watch the Super Bowl on television, only do so to view the commercials.
* It took approximately 2.5 million blocks to build the Pyramid of Giza, which is one of the Great Pyramids.
* Thomas Edison designed a helicopter that would work with gunpowder. It ended up blowing up and also blew up his factory.
* Americans ate eight million more orders of french fries and almost six million more hamburgers this year compared to last. ( is this something to be proud about, especially for all the people trying to lose weight?)
* The USA has more personal computers than the next 7 countries combined. (that's fascinating for a computer nerd like me, but I use the term 'nerd,' loosely.)
* Members of the armed forces and the police cannot vote in the Dominican Republic.
* US tops the world in plastic surgery procedures. Next comes Mexico.
* Most Zambians don't live to see their 40th birthday.
* The Mall in Washington, D.C. is 1.4 times larger than Vatican City.
* The women of Iceland earn two-thirds of their nation's university degrees.
* American adults have been educated for the longest time.
* The ten most generous countries are all in Europe. ( is this still true? or when was it true, then no longer true?)
* You can be imprisoned for not voting in Fiji, Chile and Egypt - at least in theory.
* The average criminal sentence length is 137 years in Colombia. ( man, you don't want to get in trouble in Columbia! )
How many can you find?